Visitor Services Strategy and Operations
TEAM's approach to visitor services is holistic, extending from business modelling, audit and review stages right up to the presentation and implementation of practical solutions at a regional, sub-regional and local level. As the most widely used consultancy in this area in recent years, TEAM has a wealth of experience and expertise that allows us to get the right project team together to meet clients' specific requirements.
Through extensive work with destination management organisations in the UK and overseas, TEAM's tourism consultants have amassed expertise in the following areas:
- Customer relationship management
- Data collection, collation and analysis (product, service, customer, stakeholder)
- Destination management systems - selection, implementation and England.net operability
- Destination websites
- Identification of training needs
- Information distribution mechanisms
- Managing change, from traditional to new methods of servicing visitors
- National, regional and sub-regional modelling and implementation of destination management organisations
- National and regional strategic policy papers
- Multi-layer approaches within organisations, local destinations, regions and provinces
- Performance management, monitoring and measuring
- Response handling
- Service audit, review and re-structuring
- Stakeholder relationship management
- TIC review/analysis, operational effectiveness and development feasibility
- Visitor services strategy and action planning
More Information on TEAM's Services
Click on the link in the top navigation panel to view a complete list of TEAM’s projects or, for a list of projects relating specifically to Visitor Services Strategy and Operations work, use the link provided here.
Current and Recent Projects
Using a mix of front-line practitioners, national and international destination consultants, researchers and blue-sky thinkers, TEAM has helped a wide range of clients develop their visitor services, including:
- Visitor Information Strategy for Staffordshire Destination.
- Destination consulting and support for the delivery of Northern Ireland Visitor Information Plan for Northern Ireland Tourist Board.
- Review and retail strategy for Merseytravel's Travel Centres.
- NITB e-Business Futures for the Northern Ireland Tourist Board.
- Visitor Information Provision in South East England - The Opportunity of 2012, for Tourism South East.
- Visitor Information Infrastructure, for Visit Manchester. A programme of research and intelligence to inform the development of visitor information. In particular, the relocation of a 'star' Visitor Information Centre and the nature of delivery as well as identifying other satellite information points.