Restructuring and Re-engineering of Tourism Organisations
TEAM has a strong blend of experience, knowledge, and skills in this domain. Its key strengths are in terms of:
- First hand experience of establishing and developing successful destination management structures. For example, after eight years running the Heart of England Tourist Board, Dr Roger Carter set up and ran the Edinburgh Tourist Board for more than seven year. Penny Baker also has experience as Chief Executive of a DMO, Lincolnshire Tourism. She led the development of the organisation over a 12-year period, securing strong public and private sector support and gaining regional and national recognition for the partnership and its achievements.
TEAM contributed substantially to the restructuring of tourism management in England over the last 10 years, leading the establishment of new sub-regional DMO structures in the North West, North East, Yorkshire, South West, East Midlands and East of England, and undertaking more detailed organisational development and business planning work for a range of DMOs including the Bath & North East Somerset Tourism Forum, Cheshire & Warrington Tourism Partnership, Peak District & Derbyshire Tourism Partnership.
- A strong track record of developing actionable, well supported destination strategies and management plans for a wide range of different types of visitor destination across the UK and internationally, including rural areas such as Northumberland, Somerset, Lincolnshire, the Peak District, Cheshire and East Sussex.
- Wide ranging experience of engaging with tourism businesses. We talk their language and understand the issues that they face on a day-to-day basis. We know how to tease out their views and make them feel that their opinions are being heard and valued.
- Frequent involvement in multi-stakeholder consultation exercises, and a proven ability to engage effectively with stakeholders at every level.
More Information on TEAM's Work
Click on the link at the top of the page to view a complete list of TEAM’s projects or, for a list of projects relating specifically to work on Restructuring and Re-engineering of Tourism Organisations, use the link provided here.
Current and Recent Projects
Since it started in 1997, TEAM has been involved in major restructuring work in:
- Destination Partnership Project for Monmouthshire County Council with the establishment of a new Monmouthshire Destination Partnership as the strategic body for tourism in Monmouthshire as one of the key tasks.
- Consultancy on international offices and marketing tools for the Namibia Tourism Board, which included research amongst NTOs and agencies.
- Delivery Structure and Governance Study for the Weaver Valley Management Board. This objective of the project was to identify the most appropriate delivery vehicle for the economic, environmental and community regeneration of the Weaver Valley area.