Business Tourism Strategy and Operations
Business tourism is an important sector of tourism and of the economy in general because of:
- Its size and yield
- Its complementary relationship with leisure tourism; more than two thirds of business tourism takes place in the first, second and fourth quarters of the year (in the northern hemisphere)
- The important role it plays in the regeneration of an area / region, sustaining the tourism infrastructure and in supporting economic development by raising awareness and enhancing image amongst business decision-makers.
As a result, business tourism is, or should be, an important component of the tourism strategy for any tourism destination where there is market potential.
TEAM offers extensive experience and expertise in research, strategy and action-planning in this field. Our work may typically involve:
- An audit of venues and other business tourism resources
- Analysis of existing and potential markets
- Evaluation of economic impact
- Competitor or comparator analysis - including best practice analysis
- A Vision document, with objectives and positioning statement
- A Strategy and Action/Investment Plan to deliver the Vision
- A review of, and recommendations for, the delivery structure
- A Research Plan and/or the implementation of special business tourism research tools and techniques.
More Information About TEAM's Work
Click on the link at the top of the page to view a complete list of TEAM's projects or, for a list of projects relating specifically to work on Business Tourism Strategy and Operations, use the link provided here.
Current and Recent Projects
- International Business Tourism Development for Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership + follow-up work.
- Conference facilities feasibility study for Visit County Durham.
- Strategy and operations consultancy support as well as sales research for Athens Convention Bureau for the Athens Tourism and Economic Development Co
- The UK Events Market Trends Survey (UK EMTS) - previously known as the British Conference Venues Survey (BCVS) - looks at the scale of the conference industry from a venue perspective. TEAM has undertaken this national survey since 2004.
- Business tourism research for the Yorkshire Tourism Network Research Task Group.
- Business tourism market study for Cumbria Vision.
- Development of a 'MICE' strategy for the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities.